Consume tape in the cloud
Leverage tape via the cloud with HubStor’s Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS).
Free yourself from legacy tape methodologies
The old-school approach to leveraging tape costs you precious time.
- You deal with your tape library and some archaic interface for writing data to tape.
- You handle tape media and have a contract for it to be stored offsite.
- You don’t have good visibility or control of your tape archives.
- For long-term retention, you need to deal with rotating the tape media.
- You hope there’s never a legal scenario that requires you to perform discovery on the data stored on tape.
The problem is that this model is an administrative burden, eating up your time and attention.
Get modern tape simplicity via the cloud at competitive prices
The HubStor Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) solution gives you modern convenience to consume tape in the cloud for fully-burdened pricing as low as $0.003 per GB monthly. HubStor writes your backups and other data to the cloud’s Archive tier (physically tape in the cloud), and HubStor does the job of simplifying how you manage and recall the data you need.
How HubStor simplifies tape:
- HubStor automates data flow from your infrastructure into the cloud’s tape tier.
- A metadata index in the cloud gives you full visibility of your data.
- Full-text indexing can even be applied, giving you content search of the data on tape.
- Data governance features give you control to manage retention, tagging, and chargeback in place.
- HubStor enables pinpoint access to your data — recall just the files you need.
Upgrade from managing tape yourself to a simple cloud data platform
Tape backup capabilities you need without the heavy lifting
HubStor takes you out of the weeds of tape and gives you a simple solution for leveraging tape in the cloud for long-term retention.
15-mins to deploy
Be up and running with the agentless HubStor Connector Service and/or HubStor Backup Service in 15 minutes, enabling you to begin reliable protection of your VMs or capture of your existing data and backup sets.
Large file handling
Breeze through multi-terabyte files, no problem. HubStor takes care of getting your data — no matter what it is — into the cloud’s tape tier.
Migrate large datasets over your network with encryption, compression, and throttling, or alternatively leverage drive shipping to seed massive amounts of legacy data.
Preserve backups in HubStor with storage economics as low as $0.003 per gigabyte monthly based on actual storage size after compression savings.
Enjoy AES 256-bit encryption both in flight and at rest, ensuring your data stays private.
***NOTHING goes in this field***
“We were able to find long-term ownership and retention of over 30 TB’s of on-premise unstructured data. HubStor provides lower storage rates, lower costs, lower user frustration in finding old content.”
Director, Information Technology Network & Security
Learn more about our take on tape
The cloud offers distinct advantages for enterprise backup and disaster recovery strategies, such as convenient offsite storage that is both economical and reliable. Part of our customer-centric approach is taking notice of different ways our customers are using...
When it comes to long-term data retention, tape and cold cloud storage invariably come up as the best alternatives, though each one has its advantages and disadvantages. If all you need is to store massive amounts of data cheaply, and rarely require search or restore,...
Recently, George Crump at Storage Swiss wrote about tape vs. cloud and it sparked me to share my perspective on this fun storage industry debate. My position is that the debate about "tape vs. cloud" is flawed. Why? Because the cloud includes cold-storage tiers that...