Backup and archiving for Microsoft Hyper-V
Organizations desire the extra safeguard of a secure, segregated backup of the data on their mission-critical applications running on virtual machines on Microsoft Hyper-V. Request a demo.
HubStor easily maintains a synthetic full backup of your virtual machines, the data within them, and their configuration. Perform backups at the data center cluster, host or individual VM levels.
Instant flexible recovery
Restore data from files residing in the file system of the virtual machine’s Guest OS. Restore the entire VM to the original virtual machine, any other existing virtual machine, or to a new virtual machine created by the restore job.
You set your backup policies and permissions, at the level that works for you – data center, cluster, host, or per VM. You can store backups in the cloud region of your choice, giving you full data residency control.
HubStor’s BaaS will automatically find all VMs at the level you’re configuring backup policies for, so you don’t have to. Any newly-created virtual machines will be discovered and automatically protected.
Secure storage for your backup data residing in a dedicated, SOC 2 compliant instance of HubStor’s data management platform, using end-to-end encryption.
Experience modern backup for modern virtual environments
With HubStor Backup-as-a-Service, you only set up a local cache for you most recent backup set, and HubStor does the rest.
How HubStor out-performs other approaches to backup:
- HubStor keeps a copy of your most-recent backup set locally for fast recovery (low RTO).
- All backup sets reside within your organization’s HubStor tenant, encrypted in the cloud.
- Optionally use the low-cost Archive storage tier in HubStor for long-term retention of your backups as low as $0.003 per GB monthly cost.
- HubStor cloud storage ensures three synchronous replicas of your data.
Experience modern backup built for modern Hyper-V environments
Older and legacy backup platforms don’t always treat virtual machines as virtual machines. They often don’t include VM-specific features.
How HubStor enhances your Hyper-V backup and recovery
- HubStor backup for Hyper-V is agentless – there’s no need to install backup software on each and every virtual machine.
- HubStor backup jobs have zero performance impact on virtual machines.
- Granular control of backup policies – configure at the data center, cluster, host, and individual level, the same hierarchy used in Service Center for Virtual Machine Management (SCVMM).
- HubStor Hyper-V backup finds all virtual machines automatically, providing a huge time saving during initial deployment.
- Autodiscovery keeps running and will find newly-created virtual machines and provide data protection for them – no need to worry about new VMs being unprotected.
- During backup, HubStor captures the VM and all its associated files, including VMCX, VMRS, VSV, VHD, and AVHD files, backing up the VM’s data and its configuration.
- Backup data is deduplicated and compressed as it’s stored, making the HubStor solution even more cost-effective.
Recover from accidental or malicious deletions within Hyper-V VMs
Data loss within your Hyper-V environment can easily cause downtime for your mission-critical applications. You need fast and reliable restore options to support your organization.
Restore select files or folders within a VM’s Guest OS, or the entire virtual machine to its original location, an alternate location, or export externally.
Time and space efficiency
HubStor takes advantage of Windows Server 2016’s Change Block Tracking (CBT) to minimize bandwidth and space usage of your Hyper-V backups.
Maintain versions of the virtual machines and their configurations. This lets you recover previous versions.
Flexible point-in-time recovery
Perform non-destructive restores using HubStor’s point-in-time recovery capabilities, easily retrieving the specific data you want.
Hyper-V implementations tend to increase in scale – you need a data protection solution can scale with you. HubStor has no limit on backup storage.
The safe play against ransomware
Malicious actors are getting smarter — many know how to circumvent legacy backup technologies.
Here’s how HubStor protects you:
- Your local backups are also stored in the cloud, encrypted.
- The cloud copy resides on immutable object storage.
- And HubStor maintains an additional segregated copy in the cloud also.
- You can recover virtual machines instantly in the cloud or on-premises.
Which BaaS model is right for you?
Deploy now on-demand into one of our shared SaaS instances, or talk to us about spinning up a dedicated backend.
If you’d like to start using HubStor right now to provide data protection for Microsoft Hyper-V, you can download it now and deploy it in a few simple steps.
Get a dedicated instance
See how it works
Watch the video to see how the HubStor unified backup and archive cloud service platform works.
Dig deeper into HubStor virtual machine backup
Continue your research with technical blog posts.
Earlier this month we announced that we have expanded the capabilities of the HubStor cloud data platform to support our Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) and Archive-as-a-Service (AaaS) offerings to include support for virtual machines running on Microsoft Hyper-V and...
Virtualization has changed data centers forever. Almost every organization has adopted server virtualization to some extent. Many organizations have adopted “Virtual-First” policies, i.e. any new servers will be provisioned as virtual machines (VMs) by default. If the...
On Wednesday, 16 September, HubStor hosted a webinar about Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) for VMware vSphere VMs. The webinar was titled “Overpaying on vSphere Backup? Now it’s time to go with cloud Backup-as-a-Service”. I had the honor of presenting the webinar. As a new...
The product development team at HubStor continues to make large strides to expand the capabilities of the HubStor platform. This time, support for cloud-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V and System Center environments is now available through a private preview...
BaaS (Backup-as-a-Service) refers to a backup platform that delivers software, storage, security, and networking through a converged Software-as-a-Service subscription model. A shared model of BaaS is essentially a multi-tenant environment; whereas, a dedicated...
With the recent debut of HubStor BaaS for VMware, I felt it would be ideal to highlight just how easy it is to get started. In our marketing, we talk about a 15-minute setup flow. In this blog post we’ll do a walkthrough of the 15-minute, wizard-driven steps to start...