HUBSTOR GIVES PEACE OF MIND TO MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 CUSTOMERS WITH AZURE-BASED DATA PROTECTION FOR EXCHANGE ONLINE.
KANATA, ON, June 27, 2017 (Newswire.com) – ?HubStor Inc., the leading provider of data-aware cloud backup and archiving solutions, today announced extended support for Microsoft Office 365 with new data protection, archiving, and recovery for Exchange Online. With the HubStor service available exclusively in Microsoft Azure, clients can bring their own Azure account to protect, discover, and manage Office 365 information assets conveniently and securely with low-cost public cloud economics.
In May 2017, new research published by Gartner called for IT leaders using or evaluating Office 365 to consider investing in third-party backup and recovery tools for more improved recovery speed and flexible options for response to malicious attack.
“As organizations shift their IT strategy to the cloud, they discover requirements for data protection and business continuity that exceed what is natively available in their SaaS applications,” said Geoff Bourgeois, CEO, HubStor. “The biggest concern with SaaS applications such as Exchange Online or SharePoint Online is protection against accidental or malicious deletion. Many businesses want recovery features that exceed the built-in deleted items retention of Office 365.”
Customer Advantages of Office 365 Cloud Backup
With extended support for Exchange Online, Microsoft customers will benefit from:
1) Effortless data protection — HubStor performs auto-discovery of new mailboxes to enroll them into protection policies seamlessly.
2) Comprehensive content coverage — HubStor’s backup and archiving scope includes messages, calendars, tasks, and other content types found in user mailboxes (both active and archive), public folder mailboxes, journal mailboxes, recoverable items folders, and system folders.
3) Flexible recovery — HubStor provides point-in-time recovery for individual items, folders, and mailboxes, as well as bulk operations of multiple mailboxes. Recovery jobs can be filtered using message metadata as well as date ranges.
4) Advanced access control for business continuity — HubStor includes self-service access whereby users can authenticate to HubStor in the same way they sign in to Office 365 through Azure Active Directory. The Web-based access enables users to retrieve, search, and share their content securely from the backup. HubStor intelligently processes messages by converting email recipients into a Security ACL with a particular handling of BCCs and journal reports to ensure strict data-level authorization.
5) Unified data governance — Clients of HubStor have full access to the service’s suite of content connectors that include support for seamless Windows Server backup and storage tiering, CIFS/NFS file shares, PST file processing, journaling, and the Office 365 unified audit log. HubStor includes WORM storage options, analytics, and data management in Azure.
With this update, HubStor also adds policy-based archiving for Exchange Online and Exchange Server 2010, 2013, and 2016. Organizations retain large amounts of data from former employees. Customers can now capture mailbox data for long-term retention and maintain it securely in Azure in a low-cost and searchable manner.
Expanding Support for Office 365 Backup
“Rounding out HubStor’s support for Office 365 is one of the top enhancement requests we receive from our client base,” said Greg Campbell, CTO, HubStor. “Adding backup, archiving, and recovery for Exchange Online is our latest advancement towards HubStor becoming the most comprehensive data protection and information management service for Office 365 customers.”
HubStor support for Exchange Online is available now. Please visit the HubStor website to learn more about Office 365 backup and archiving.
HubStor is Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) that enterprise clients use for secure cloud archiving, seamless file system storage tiering, searchable cloud backup, ransomware recovery, legal hold, Office 365 journaling and backup, and WORM compliance.
HubStor currently serves clients, large and small, across a variety of industries in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, and Europe. HubStor is a CIOReview ’20 Most Promising Azure Solution Provider in 2016’ and a member of the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance.
Elizabeth Lam, VP Marketing